Tottenham are expected to have a new name in their matchday squad for the Premier League clash against Bournemouth, but it will not be Xavi Simons.
The 23-year-old was confirmed as Spurs' third permanent new arrival on Friday in addition to Kota Takai, who is dealing with an injury, and Mohammed Kudus with Joao Palhinha a loan arrival while Luka Vuskovic, Kevin Danso and Mathys Tel had already either played for the club or officially joined before this past summer.
Simons' £51.8million arrival technically takes spending north of £150million with Thomas Frank finally having a new No.10 at his disposal. Unfortunately, he will not be able to feature for Spurs against Bournemouth as everything was made official after the Premier League's 12pm deadline to register new players.
READ MORE: Tottenham Xavi Simons transfer deadline clear for Bournemouth clash amid £51m move
READ MORE: Xavi Simons breaks silence after choosing Tottenham over Chelsea as transfer confirmed
Destiny Udogie will be available though, with Frank issuing a positive update on the injury that has kept him out for the last month. "Yes, he could," the Spurs boss said in a press conference when asked if Udogie could return. "Thank you for that question. Destiny will be in the squad tomorrow so that is a positive."
He was also asked about Yves Bissouma, who missed the win over Manchester City, and confirmed that he will still be out, but that he remains a Tottenham player after his proposed transfer to Galatasaray fell through.
The issue appears to be minor but his last competitive start could end up being the Europa League final win over Manchester United with the expectation being he will depart north London before Monday, September 1.
Bryan Gil and Manor Solomon are others that could exit ahead of deadline day with the latter back in training but unlikely to feature in Frank's fourth matchday squad.
Spurs also have three players plagued by long-term injuries with James Maddison, Dejan Kulusevski and Radu Dragusin all at varying stages of their respective recoveries from knee injuries. The latter damaged his ACL back in January and seven months later, Frank has delivered a lengthy update.
"Dragusin is on the way back, and he's been running for a while. I think he should join the team in a week's time, 10 days' time," he said.
"But of course, it is an ACL. I'm always a little bit more, not worried, but just aware that it takes time. It's not enough to have a six-week pre-season. You need to take a little bit more time, but it's positive and some surprise and come back quicker."
Maddison and Kulusevski meanwhile, are unlikely to feature until 2026 which heightened the need to bring in Simons.
Bournemouth have their attacking midfielder back available but it will be a very different team coming to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in comparison to last season. Dango Outtara Milos Kerkez, Dean Huijsen and Illia Zabarnyi have all left, but the Cherries have kept onto manager Andoni Iraola and Spurs target Antoine Semenyo.
Club captain Lewis Cook is also still at the club and even though he is no longer suspended, a knee injury means he will not feature on Saturday, as confirmed by Iraola. Striker Enes Unal has an issue in the same area but far more serious with surgery required earlier this year.
Julian Araujo will also be unavailable after he was sent off against Brentford in the Carabao Cup. Iraola was able to welcome back two key players during that defeat with the Bournemouth boss able to issue positive updates.
Unal is still a long-term injury and Araujo is suspended after his red card the other night. "But as things stand everyone else is available, yes," he said.
"We welcomed back Ryan Christie and Justin Kluivert against Brentford, Justin is quite sharp and is at a good level to help. Ryan didn't have a pre-season at all and will continue to get better the more minutes he get. It's good to have them back."
You may also like
Emma Raducanu claims tennis' 'top players' TARGET HER after US Open humbling
'I stayed at a hotel in a UK seaside town where every other guest was homeless'
Work to restore normalcy and clear road blockades on war footing: Himachal Chief Secretary
Cake shop loses £1k in Just Eat refunds as customers complain of cold ice cream
Maratha Quota Stir: Manoj Jarange's Hunger Strike Sparks Political Crossfire In Maharashtra