After rumours claiming that the US President Donald Trump had died went viral on social media on Friday, triggering hashtags such as #TrumpIsDead, #WhereIsTrump, and #HesDead to trend on X.
American online streamer Adin Ross , who interviewed Trump in a 90-minute livestream last year, told his fans during a Kick broadcast that he had personally received confirmation from “someone very close” that the President was alive and well.
“Guys, I just got confirmed that President Trump is okay. By a very close… Wait, what happened with Trump? Nothing, literally nothing’s wrong,” Ross said during the livestream.
The video of Ross was widely shared on X with the caption: “Adin Ross just got a text from Barron Trump confirming Donald Trump is alive and well.”
Social media reactions quickly followed, with one user joking: “Wait, so Barron Trump is now the official presidential health spokesperson? Kid's got range.”
Another remarked: “No way Adin Ross is breaking this news.”
The speculation grew after Trump, who usually keeps a high public profile, had not been seen for more than 72 hours following a three-hour White House cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
Concerns were fueled by recent footage showing the 79-year-old President with bruises on his hands and swelling in his legs and ankles.
Responding to the chatter, Trump’s spokesperson Karoline Leavitt shared a note from his doctors stating the swelling was due to “chronic venous insufficiency,” a common condition.
The note also said there was “no evidence of deep vein thrombosis or arterial disease” and confirmed Trump “remains in excellent health.”
Leavitt later explained that the bruising on his hand was “consistent with minor soft tissue irritation from frequent handshaking and the use of aspirin, which is taken as part of a standard cardiovascular prevention regimen.”
Despite official clarifications, trolling and speculation continued, fueled by Vice President JD Vance’s recent remarks.
"If, God forbid, there's a terrible tragedy, I can't think of better on-the-job training than what I've gotten over the last 200 days." Vance said in an interview to USA Today, while asserting that Trump is in "incredibly good health," has "incredible energy," and he is confident the President will serve out the remainder of his term.
Still, the timing of his comments, alongside viral images of Trump’s bruised hand, only added fuel to online conspiracy theories.
American online streamer Adin Ross , who interviewed Trump in a 90-minute livestream last year, told his fans during a Kick broadcast that he had personally received confirmation from “someone very close” that the President was alive and well.
“Guys, I just got confirmed that President Trump is okay. By a very close… Wait, what happened with Trump? Nothing, literally nothing’s wrong,” Ross said during the livestream.
The video of Ross was widely shared on X with the caption: “Adin Ross just got a text from Barron Trump confirming Donald Trump is alive and well.”
Adin Ross just got a text from Barron Trump confirming Donald Trump is alive and well 💚 pic.twitter.com/gDmGDYyWuk
— KickChamp👑 (@Kick_Champ) August 30, 2025
Social media reactions quickly followed, with one user joking: “Wait, so Barron Trump is now the official presidential health spokesperson? Kid's got range.”
Another remarked: “No way Adin Ross is breaking this news.”
The speculation grew after Trump, who usually keeps a high public profile, had not been seen for more than 72 hours following a three-hour White House cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
Concerns were fueled by recent footage showing the 79-year-old President with bruises on his hands and swelling in his legs and ankles.
Responding to the chatter, Trump’s spokesperson Karoline Leavitt shared a note from his doctors stating the swelling was due to “chronic venous insufficiency,” a common condition.
The note also said there was “no evidence of deep vein thrombosis or arterial disease” and confirmed Trump “remains in excellent health.”
Leavitt later explained that the bruising on his hand was “consistent with minor soft tissue irritation from frequent handshaking and the use of aspirin, which is taken as part of a standard cardiovascular prevention regimen.”
Despite official clarifications, trolling and speculation continued, fueled by Vice President JD Vance’s recent remarks.
"If, God forbid, there's a terrible tragedy, I can't think of better on-the-job training than what I've gotten over the last 200 days." Vance said in an interview to USA Today, while asserting that Trump is in "incredibly good health," has "incredible energy," and he is confident the President will serve out the remainder of his term.
Still, the timing of his comments, alongside viral images of Trump’s bruised hand, only added fuel to online conspiracy theories.
You may also like
Food minister to review states' progress in removing ineligible free ration scheme beneficiaries today
'My shirt was on fire': Texas boy severely burned after TikTok stunt goes wrong; family urges caution
Rachel Reeves set to unleash 'inevitable' tax rises to plug £50bn black hole in finances
Horrific stabbing of teacher shows we need to ban 1 thing immediately in UK schools
Dad of flag dress girl says Brits are sick of being told national pride is 'offensive'